It’s official. We are moving.
In just two years we have expanded to fill our current space, and began to find limitations that would affect our ability to fulfill our philosophical mandate.
Our new space will offer a number of advantages:
• approximately 50% more space, including some larger rooms,
• improved acoustics,
• even more natural light,
• easier bus access,
• lockable bike storage compound,
• closer proximity to the YMCA, Central Library, parks, ocean, partner businesses, etc.
• lower environmental footprint (modern HVAC system and thermal pane windows)
• access to the “mall” area – like an indoor-outdoor place during breaks and lunch, with lots of benches, gardens, and natural light oases
The space is located at 808 Douglas Street, in the same complex as the Vic Theatre and the Bug Zoo (at the far end of the complex from the Bug Zoo!) We will arrange for viewings in August for those interested. Construction is underway right now to bring the place up to fire code for public assembly use.
Because of the additional space, we are now able to accept a few more learners for September 2015! Spread the word.
We will also be located right near a Middle Years Program (Grades 6, to 8) offered by Elizabeth Buckley School (EBS) who will be launching their new program right beside us. Elizabeth Buckley is a “STEAM” school, offering programming in science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics. We already know there is great compatibility between our two schools, and we are looking forward to being so close together. EBS is still able to register new students for their Middle Years program, if you know of anyone who is looking for a great option for a child in that age group.
We will be moving all our stuff in early August and should be up and running by the end of the third week of August.